Monday, October 29, 2007

Fun with Thumbnails view
Thumbnails view is great for viewing any folder that contains pictures stored as files on your hard disk.
For example, Figure 2-19 shows the contents of my My Pictures folder in Thumbnails view. The icons
for files that contain pictures are actually small thumbnail-sized views of the images themselves. Folders
within my My Pictures folder show up as large folder icons, with an even tinier view of some of the
pictures within those folders.
Windows XP Bible
page 42
Figure 2-19: The contents of my My Pictures folder in Thumbnails view
Notice that the Tasks options in the Explorer bar (now showing as Picture Tasks) offers some unique
options. The Order Prints Online and Print Pictures options start up wizards that will help you do as they
say. Note that, unless you select specific files before you choose one of these options, you’ll end up
with prints of all the pictures in the folder. The section “Select, Then Do” in Chapter 12 explains the
many ways in which you can select file icons in Windows Explorer.
Tip Your My Music folder also offers a couple of unique tasks, including the option to
buy music off the Internet, and to play all the songs in the folder. If you choose the
Play All task, Windows Media Player opens to play the songs (as discussed in